Friday 6 October 2023

I wish I wasn't so good at predicting the future

I've got a new book coming out very soon - I'm just waiting for the proofs to arrive so I can order some fresh copies to sell.

It's a cli-fi novel about post-apocalyptic thieves. So I tried to make it accurately futuristic, but the stuff I projected into the next century is happening much closer to now. By the time I'd finished writing it, many of my ideas had already come to psss.

Let me give you some examples.

Stealing data via internet backbone cables.



Dying krill leading to a mass extinction event in the ocean.



Major cities becoming completely unliveable.



Insects becoming an increasingly important 
source of protein.



And sentient AI. Admittedly, the one in this news story isn't actually sentient, but I suspect they're going to pass the Turing Test soon enough.



These are the terrible thoughts that have taken over my brain as I've written my new book.

It's a cracker. And it's only weeks away from being published.

I'll let you know when it's ready.




Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Joel on Twitter

What's Hot

Tweets by @JoelRheinberger